Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Worry Less, Pray More

"Worry less, Pray more."

This saying is found on many products, such as mugs or T-shirts, and also social media platforms. But what does it really mean? And are we actually doing as it says or are we just saying it? Are we actually giving our cares to God?

To me this saying means to call out to God when you start to worry about something, even if it is something minuscule. God wants you to talk to him about all your worries because He will take care of it. I don't believe that I am actually worrying less and praying more or giving my cares to God, but I want to.


I am probably one of the biggest worriers known to man. Telling me not to worry is like telling me not to breathe. I worry about things I have no control over whatsoever and things I have some control over. So when I see this saying, my stomach drops and I think to myself "How can I possibly not worry?"

A few weeks ago at church the preacher was preaching about worrying less. I thought I would share some of the points he made because I know I am not the only person out there who worries! He was reading out of Matthew 6:25-34. This passage basically says that worrying is unnatural The verse that stuck out to me the most was verse 27 that says, "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"(NIV) This verse really brought things into perspective for me because the truth is that we can't add an hour (or even a minute) to our life.

My biggest struggle is turning things over to God and letting Him be in complete control. I think a lot of people struggle with letting God be in total control with all areas of our lives. This passage in Matthew also says that when you worry you are of little faith because you aren't letting God take care of it.

Ultimately, this section in Matthew is saying that if you seek God, your worries will be taken care of. Worrying is like playing God, trying to control things you cannot control. There is only one God and He is the one that needs to be playing. Give Him a turn and "worry less, pray more!"

"Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Much Love,

Angela Paige

1 comment:

  1. It's hard, isn't it, to let go of worry. We know he's in control, but our human nature somehow thinks we can control things, but we can't. Let's try to pray more!

    ReplyDelete