Thursday, January 29, 2015

Worship Is POWERFUL

Sometimes I hear people say that God called them to do something or go somewhere. I don't feel like I often get that feeling. In my management class, we talked about Locus of Control which is a person's desire to grow and learn. There are two types of this: 1. External- A person thinks their behavior is guided by fate, luck or in this case God. 2. Internal-A person thinks their behavior is guided by their own personal efforts.

I lean more towards the Internal Locus of Control, therefore, when I make decisions it is sometimes hard for me to see that it is actually God's plan for me because I think that I got myself somewhere. God works in my life and deep down I know that, but sometimes it is hard for me to see that THAT is God doing something great in my life.

You're probably wondering where it is that I DO see God. Well, it's funny you should ask that because that is the point I was trying to get at. I see God when I worship, wherever I am, from my bedroom all the way to Jamaica! (I took a mission trip there.) I don't know how common this is but there is something so special and powerful when worshiping the Lord.

I feel Him physically, spiritually and emotionally. I get chills and visible goose bumps that run throughout my body and I KNOW that that is the Holy Spirit filling me. When I am singing I feel his presence and it is like no other feeling in the world. I also get tears in my eyes or a lump in my throat sometimes, even when I am not sad. I think that I get the sad feeling not because I'm hurting, but because I will never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross. But also because God's love is so great and unending.

I went on a mission trip to Jamaica this past summer and it was the most amazing experience! Even though the Jamaicans worshiped differently than I do, I still felt the same feeling as when I worship in America. It is amazing to me that we all worship the SAME God and He is unchanging. Worship is powerful. God is powerful.

I don't know if any of that made sense but I hope that you can understand what I am saying. God is amazing and I feel him speak to me through music and worship. That is how I know God.

Much Love,

Angela Paige

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're in a place where you can worship freely and truly experience the awesomeness and power of The Holy Spirit. I can feel your emotions in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often say what we need more of is young people that "get it". Angela, you truly do get it! Good for you - you have a wonderful journey/life ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand so well those tears... God's love is so big it brings on tears of joy... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I am not the only one! God's love is so great that everyone is loved by Him.

      Delete