Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Scary Thought of Fear

Everyone has experienced fear in some way, but the way in which we experience fear is unique to each person. My fears might be trivial compared to your fears. That doesn't mean, however, that what I fear doesn't matter. Fear can be a good thing and a bad thing. Now, I know what you're thinking, "How can fear possibly be a good thing?" I think it can be a good thing to tell people about your fears so they can help you get over the fears. It can be hard for some people to say out loud what they fear. I think the first step in overcoming a fear is admitting you have that fear.

Here are some things that I fear:

1. Losing people I care about
I fear losing people that I love and care about. I have lost some loved ones in my life and it is not an easy thing to go through, however, the reality of this is that it's a part of life and it is inevitable. We can't stay here on this earth forever. This is not our home!




2. The unknown of the future
I fear the unknown of the future. I have mentioned this fear in a previous post but I don't like that I don't know what the future holds for me. I don't know what my life is going to be like a year from now (or even a month from now) and that kind of scares me. In my post, I Don't Know What I'm Doing!, I talked about how I am giving this fear to God and letting him be in control of my future.




3. Ending up alone 
I fear ending up alone. I really shouldn't have this fear yet because I am only 18 years old and I have my whole life ahead of me. I have no reason to fear this but it is just a scary thought in the back of my head. I like to be alone sometimes but I don't want to live my elderly years alone. I believe that no one should have to grow old alone and I certainly don't want to.




All of these fears have something in common with each other: I can't control the outcome. I can't control how long people stay on earth, the future, or if I will end up alone or not. That is a little scary but I know that God is in control and fear is not. We can't let fear be the thing that controls our life. I also know that He won't put me through anything that I won't be able to deal with.

While it's a good thing to know what you fear and communicate it to others, I think we shouldn't dwell on what we are afraid of. We can't let Satan take over and possibly ruin our lives because we fear something. You can't let fear cause you to give up on something. If I think one of my fears is causing too much stress and anxiety in my life, I give that worry to God and I pray that He will take care of my worries,

What are your fears?

Much Love,

Angela Paige

1 comment:

  1. Excellent thoughts on a topic we all share... fear. They say fear is what often motivates us whether we realize it or not. I like the verses and pictures you included with your post.

    ReplyDelete